Monday, December 15, 2008

If I had a penny for every time...

So, when is a penny worth $2,400? When it is swallowed and requires a trip to the emergency room to facilitate it's safe passage out of the body. Yes, that was a recent adventure that Anna treated us to. Of course, her timing was impeccable--David was out of town. Fortunately, this is the pre-insurance amount, so hopefully the friendly folks over at UMR (that's the always helpful insurance company) will shell out some big bucks so that we don't have to sell Anna. We are very grateful that it was resolved without surgery though, AND I'm grateful that Mom found the penny the day I came home from Maryland. I only had to squish poop once, and it was NOT fun. So, don't worry. I recognize many blessings in this latest (and kinda pricey) mothering adventure. Among them being how amazingly good Anna was at the hospital. We were there for about three hours (all of them post-bedtime) and she never cried once--not even when getting an I.V. The nurses joined me in my amazement at her behavior.

So, thanks to Mom for finding the penny. Sorry you got to be the one. We're all well here. Hope to hear from you all soon for the newsletter--I have already gotten something from Kenna and Marcus. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment