
This is a diorama (sp?) that Joia made for her book report on "Island of the Blue Dolphins." I thought it turned out really cute. She pretty much did it herself. I suggested the blue paper around the edges of the box, but that's about it. David might have helped her a little bit with the huts, I'm not sure. (actually, one is a cave I think--I don't want to get in trouble) It's kind of funny because for those of you who have read the book, you know that the main character is a girl, but she couldn't find a girl so she used a boy "Indian." Also, the cute little puppies are supposed to be representing the wild dogs that lived on the island, who were probably not very cute. (It's been a while since I read the book, but I haven't heard of very many wild dog packs full of cute little beagles and retrievers, etc.)
No comments:
Post a Comment